February 8, 2021
- New mode indicators to make it easier to see which Serenade commands are supported, and which are not.
- Fix issues causing Serenade to lag on long commands.
- Support for unicode characters in source code.
- Save microphone settings between app launches.
- Add entry for using the default system microphone.
- Fix issue where "repeat" didn't work after selecting a different alternative.
- Fix issue where the Serenade app didn't always choose the nearest Cloud server.
serenade.include API method for including a custom commands file from another.
- Add symlink support for
January 19, 2021
- Support for Mini-mode.
- Support for connecting through proxy servers.
- Support for customizing which styler is used for the command. Stylers include Black (Python), yapf (Python), google-java-format (Java), clang (C++), and more.
- Support for prepositional phrases after commands, like , as an alternative to chaining commands like . (Both work!)
- More reliable audio streaming for both Serenade Cloud and Serenade Pro.
- More robust detection for when a command has finished being spoken.
- Fixes for across all platforms.
- Fixes for , and introduction of commands like
- Fix commands that weren't working when changing multiple words.
- Fixes for selecting or changing text that also matches the name of a Serenade command (e.g., "next word paste" will be parsed as "go to next word, then paste" rather than "go to the next word called paste").
- Commands like and match any case, so you don't have to explicitly specify one.
- Add a border to the Windows and Linux applications to make the app stand out more on white backgrounds.
November 23, 2020
- General availability of Serenade Pro.
- Added support for C and C++.
- Apple Silicon compatibility.
- When adding code at a blank line, an extra newline won't be created.
- Fix chained commands in Visual Studio Code.
- Support for custom word pronunciations.
- Support for clicking native macOS buttons via commands.
next line creates a newline if the cursor is at the end of a file.
- Updated our speech engine to improve accuracy across all languages.
- Updated our speech-to-code AI platform to enable more ambiguous descriptions of code.
October 15, 2020
- Added the command for changing all instances of a string in a file.
- Added the command for moving objects around (e.g.,
shift argument right and
shift line up).
- Added selectors for and , so you can say commands like
after foo type bar.
- Added the key for triggering a forward delete on macOS.
- Improvements to background noise handling.
- Fixed issue with chaining commands in VS Code (e.g.,
next tab line one).
October 5, 2020
- Added first-class support for JetBrains IDEs via Serenade for JetBrains
- Added first-class support for the Kotlin programming language
- Added first-class support for the Dart programming language
- Added VS Code debugger support with commands like , , and
- Added the command for copying and pasting selectors
- Added the command for surrounding selectors with text
- Added the command for changing the name of selectors
- Added the command for combining multiple lines into one
- Added the command for toggling the text style of selectors (e.g.,
capitalize next two words)
- Added the command for toggling among multiple windows of the same application in macOS
- Added the text style for formatting text
In Title Case
- Added shorter and aliases for and
- Added as an alias for
- Fixed issue causing the microphone to cut off commands too early
September 21, 2020
- Visual refresh of client application and website
- Added command for speaking text without programming symbols
- Added command for typing text into native OS fields rather than the editor field
- Fixed command for VS Code remote projects
- Fixed next/previous behavior in tutorial mode
- Fixed parsing of files with comments inside enclosures